Halloween is creeping us on us, and what better way to celebrate this joyous occasion with – wait, are we talking about scary trick or tricking Halloween?
Yes, we are looking at All Saints’ Day, a time of celebration to honour the dead, also known as Halloween. This is also a time to unleash your wild side with a Wolverine costume, or bare your soul in a sexy little devil outfit. Of course, new costumes depicting the US elections are also a choice if you want to make a political statement. But I digress – here at Foodpanda magazine; we’re all about the food! If you and your squad are all dressed up and stuck in a queue at a club, what’s the fun in that? We’re here to serve up a fiendishly good time. Bring the party to your place and dole out these sweet adult treats in the form of cocktails for Halloween.
Brew up a small storm with this rum vodka shot.
- PREP: 5 min
- YIELD: 1 serving
- 2 oz. mixed pineapple and cranberry juice
- 2 oz. 7-Up
- 1 1/4 oz. shot Malibu Coconut Rum
INSTRUCTIONS: First, mix juices and 7-Up in a highball glass. Pour shot down the side of the glass right before drinking.
This bloody drink requires some fancy props such as clean syringes. Let the sexy vampires in your party slurp it up.
- PREP: 5 min
- YIELD: 1 serving
- 1 ounce of Absolut vodka
- ¾ ounce grenadine
INSTRUCTIONS: Make injection syringe shots using 1 ounce of Absolut vodka and ¾ ounce grenadine. Pour 3 ounces 7-Up into an old fashioned glass with an ice cube and a lemon slice. Inject the vodka shot from the syringe into the glass.
3.Mr Hyde potion
This shot will bring out the devilish side Hyde-ing in you. Go on, fire up your courage to talk to that hot girl or hot guy you’ve been eyeing across the room.
- 8 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces parfait amour liqueur
- 1 ounce blackberry liqueur
- 2 ounces tarragon simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce lavender syrup, available at most liquor stores
- 4 lavender sprigs
- 8 blackberries
- dry ice (optional) Note: Always observe dry ice safety measures: Never touch dry ice with bare skin and do not swallow. Purple sanding sugar for rim (optional)
YIELD: 4 cocktails
- Prepare the tarragon simple syrup by placing 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat until it reaches a low boil. Add two sprigs of fresh tarragon and reduce heat to low. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove tarragon and allow syrup to cool.
- Place 2 blackberries on each lavender sprig and set aside. Tip: For best results, insert a toothpick through blackberry first to make a small hole for the lavender stem.
- Cut and juice lemon. Strain to remove pulp, if desired. Add spirits, syrups and juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until very cold (about 20 seconds).
- Pour drink into beakers, add a small piece of dry ice (optional) and a lavender-blackberry skewer. Note:Drink is safe to consume only after dry ice has completely
Cast a spell with this fruity drink and be the toast of town.
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces black vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- orange wedge, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add orange juice and triple sec over ice. Shake well, and strain into a glass.
2. Using the back of a spoon, pour black vodka slowly into a glass so that the vodka sits atop the orange juice and triple sec mix.
3. Carefully dip one edge of the orange wedge into the vodka for a spooky presentation, and sit the wedge on the rim of the glass.
5. Zombie Slime Shooters
“Blood slime” gives this fruity martini a creepy look that will start your Halloween party right.
- For cocktail:
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce peach schnapps
- 1 ounce sour apple schnapps
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 1 ounce sweet and sour mix
For blood slime:
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- Mix corn syrup with red food coloring.
- Dip the rim of martini glass into the mixture, and slowly spin the glass to coat it.
- Turn the glass upright and the blood will begin to drip slightly. Set aside.
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes.
- Shake well and pour over ice cubes into slime-rimmed martini glass.
And there you have it! 5 wicked cocktails to liven up your Halloween horror night; now break out those devil horns and party a storm!