No matter how much you love eggs, the same scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast every morning can get a little boring. To spice things up, try adding new ingredients to your eggs for a different dynamic.
Cream cheese, for example, creates a smoother, fuller texture. If it’s more flavour you want, try adding a dressing like hot sauce, soy sauce, or pesto. Some of the best herbs to add to scrambled eggs include oregano and sage. If you prefer a sweeter breakfast, add blistered cherry tomatoes-just cook them in a heavy iron skillet for a few minutes before adding them to your eggs. If none of these ideas take your fancy, you can always add simple cheddar cheese.
But don’t just settle for levelling up your scrambled eggs. Level up the carbs you pair them with, too, for a meal that will blow you away. Instead of regular bread, you can try pittas or tortillas. You could also switch bread out completely for good old-fashioned rice or cooked grains. Make sure to experiment with different combinations. Adding salsa to your eggs and using tortillas, for example, makes a great Mexican-inspired breakfast. Without further ado, here’s how to make your own creative take on scrambled eggs.
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml of light cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter or cooking oil
- Your choice of additions
- Cream cheese
- Herbs and spices
- Blistered cherry tomatoes
- Your choice of carbs
- Cooked grains
How to level up your eggs
1. Crack your eggs into a bowl or measuring jug, then add the light cream or milk. Whisk the mixture together until it’s one smooth consistency.
2. Heat your butter or oil in a small frying pan. If you’re using butter, make sure you don’t let it burn.
3. Pour your eggs into the hot pan and leave them for 10 to 20 seconds. Then, begin lifting and folding with a wooden spoon.
4. Add your choice of additions, be that cherry tomatoes, sauces, or a combination of multiple options.
5. Stir and fold until the eggs are softly cooked-through and velvety.
6. Serve hot on top of your choice of carbs.
Or get scrambled eggs delivered
On those days you just don’t feel like cooking, you can get scrumptious scrambled eggs with bacon, salmon, avocado and more delivered from Scrambled.