Dip into the perfect chimichurri sauce recipe
Argentinian steaks and grilled beef dishes taste even more delicious when smothered with classic chimichurri sauce. This herb condiment originated in South America and was probably created by 19th-century French migrants to Argentina, who originated from the Basque region. The name chimichurri is believed to come from the Basque word tximitxurri, which loosely means a mix of several things, in no specific order! You can easily recreate this sauce at home, using a few ingredients that are commonly found in local supermarkets and street markets. Let us be your guide!
What you’ll need for 250ml homemade chimichurri sauce
- Two small garlic cloves, which need to be chopped finely
- Small packet of coriander, chopped finely
- Diced small onion
- Small packet flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- One green chilli pepper, which should be deseeded then chopped finely
- 5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar. You can use rice wine vinegar if preferred
How to make your chimichurri sauce
1. Simply place all chopped herbs, onion, garlic and chilli into a serving bowl, then add the oil and vinegar. Mix together.
2. Add salt to your taste, then mix all ingredients.
3. All finished! It’s really this easy. If you like to watch what you’re eating, one 50ml serving of this dressing has 113 calories.
Discover more South American dishes with foodpanda
This is the classic recipe for green chimichurri sauce, but you can make red sauce by simply adding red bell pepper and tomato. The sauce can be used to baste meats as they are grilled and is also the ideal accompaniment to serve with any kind of grilled meat or even veggies. If you want to experience more South American dishes from Argentina, then why not visit BoCHINche on Amoy Street? The menu includes lots of grilled meat, chicken and fish dishes prepared in South American style and cooked to perfection on the restaurant’s wood or charcoal grills. Alternatively, check out your local Morganfield’s for the best sticky ribs in town, chilli con carne, American french fries and more. You can rely on foodpanda to bring you all the finest food alerts and trends. Check our magazine for more brilliant recipes and meal ideas. Food is life.
No tags for this post.