Forget rice: Try these healthy quinoa recipes instead
If your diet’s heavy on rice, why not think about quinoa instead? This traditional South American grain is taking Singapore by storm. It’s fluffy and yummy and provides essential fibre and minerals to boost any healthy diet. If you’re beginning to suspect that too many rice dishes are making you feel heavy and bloated, our delicious salad recipe here could be just what you need to keep energy levels high throughout the day. With the health-giving fats in the avocado, combined with proteins from the tuna, this is a perfectly balanced lunch that is just right for anyone with a hectic lifestyle who is looking around for conscious dietary solutions.
Delicious avocado, quinoa and tuna salad: Perfect for lunch
- Can of tuna, drained
- Olive oil – for dressing
- White wine vinegar – for dressing
- 100g quinoa
- Lemon juice
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- Fresh tomatoes (preferably vine), chopped
- 50g feta crumbled to a fine mix
- 50g baby spinach, torn or chopped
- Toasted mixed seeds
15 minutes is all it takes
1. After rinsing, bring the quinoa to the boil then just simmer for around 15 mins. Drain and add to your bowl.
2. Add some virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar to the lemon juice and mix.
3. Simply mix your salad dressing and all the other ingredients and serve or seal in bowls for your workday lunch over the next day or two. There’s more than enough for two people with this recipe, and it’s a healthy dish with fewer than 670 calories in total.
Order in your quinoa bowl this lunchtime!
Once you discover the delicious and light fluffy taste of quinoa, you’ll find there’s plenty of recipes you can trial when you make the switch from rice. And lots of local restaurants and diners offer quinoa-based dishes on the menu. Whether you prefer to order in or eat out, you’ll find numerous healthy burger meal and snack options at Afterglow by Anglow. Make the switch today and discover all the reasons rice is starting to take a back seat with savvy Singaporean diners. Why not try out delicious lemon herb quinoa today? If you need a quick and healthy lunch or snack, Poke Theory is one of our favourite fast food solutions!No tags for this post.