Vegan cuisine doesn’t have to be bland to be popular. Nor does it really need to rely on meaty-tasting substitute ingredients to please discerning, modern consumers. We’re taking a look at some of the top dishes to emerge from the growing trend to become vegan here. Read on to find out more…
Plan your day the vegan diet way!
Whether you’re vegan due to concerns over animal welfare or simply want to lead a healthier lifestyle, there are loads of vegan foods to snack on during your working day. Rice bowls and healthy salads are perfect choices, whether you’re at work or play. When you’ve already kicked off your day with a vegan oatmeal breakfast (simply opt for coconut milk instead of dairy!), you can be sure to power through all your chores and have plenty of energy for a night out with friends!
Growth in vegan culture
It’s said that 2019 will be the year veganism takes off fully, so we’re hoping to see some major figures on this in coming months. What is true is that the number of vegans and people opting for plant-based diets is growing massively throughout the world, and it’s predicted that in every ten people will be vegan by 2029.
- If the whole world adopted a vegan diet, it’s estimated around 50 million lives would be saved by the year 2050
- Latin America, Africa, and Asia are just some areas where veganism is taking off big time
- 3.4% of the US population is now vegetarian or vegan
- Around 1% of the UK’s population is vegan
- Becoming a vegan also means shunning lifestyle products sourced from animals
- Flexitarian diets are also on the increase!
Some of the most popular vegan dishes in the world
We all know loads of Hindus, but did you know their diet is often loosely vegan? Take a look at the entire menu in your local Indian restaurant to find out more. But, if we take India out of our summary of the most popular vegan dishes, the following are some of our favourites:
- Vegan chilli, packed with loads of healthy veggies and not a trace of meat! Eat with rice or jacket potato and enjoy!
- Delicious olive rice, you can check it out at Whole Earth!
- Opt for the perfect vitamin pick-me-up, with lemon spaghetti, asparagus, and peas and maintain your sparkle throughout the day
- Sushi doesn’t have to be all about fish, so why not opt for vegan meso dumpling ramen for a true taste sensation?
- Vegan burgers are fast becoming “the thing”, too! Check out the BK Veggie Burgers the next time you’re in a hurry for fast food
Popular vegan cuisine that’s often overlooked
Many people think vegan cuisine means cutting out all the sweet treats we Singaporeans adore. Not at all true, as some of the most popular vegan treats in the marketplace include:
- Vegan cookies – even easy “no bake” treats
- Yummy ice creams in which the flavours of the ingredients really stand out
- Vegan cheesecakes
Check out vegan cuisine today! You may never go back…….
Discover some of our favourite vegan outlets to find more reasons to go meatless, boost your diet, and feast on the healthiest foods that are good for the planet!