Fruit salad is one of the few desserts that’s as healthy as it is scrumptious. Our tropical fruit salad recipe combines all the most nutritious exotic fruits for a delicious detox.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ large pineapple
- 1 to 2 mangoes
- 1 to 2 guavas
- 1 small papaya
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
How to make fruit salad
1. Peel your pineapple, chop it into chunks and add it to your fruit salad bowl. Just one cup of this popular fruit provides all the vitamin C you need in a day and almost all the manganese. It also contains anti-inflammatory bromelain enzymes that boost your protein digestion and could even help protect against cancer.
2. Peel and chop your mango, then add it to your bowl. Like pineapples, mangoes are a great source of vitamin C and contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. They’re also rich in soluble fibre to aid your digestive system. The most surprising benefit of mangoes is that studies show they could protect against diabetes.
3. Chop your guava and add it to your bowl. Peeling is optional, as the rind is actually edible. Guava is incredibly rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, potassium and fibre. Plus, it contains antioxidants that reduce the risk of disease. Another compound this fruit contains is pectin, which is great for your digestion and could help keep colon cancer at bay.
4. Peel the skin from your papaya, chop it and add it to your salad. Papaya is made up of tons of nutrients and beneficial compounds, including vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, folate and another enzyme that boosts protein digestion. Its best feature is that the body absorbs more lycopene (an anti-cancer antioxidant) from papaya than from other fruits.
5. Finally, mix together your honey, lime juice and pineapple juice. Drizzle over the fruit salad, toss well and serve immediately.
Or get it delivered with foodpanda
Not in the mood to chop fruits today? Need your salad in a pinch? Whatever the reason, you can get a delicious fruit salad delivered to you with foodpanda. Try the mixed berry red fruit salad from Paul topped with refreshing mint syrup, or get the Kith seasonal mixed fruit salad with vanilla yoghurt for breakfast or brunch.