Chilli crab – just a mention of this particular dish and anyone would’ve immediately associated it with sunny Singapore. What one could consider as our “national dish”, this dish has been made into countless fusion dishes across the island with the chilli crab pasta being one of them.
Chilli Crab Pasta recipeCourse: Main CourseCuisine: Seafood, SingaporeanDifficulty: Medium
1 chili crab paste
1 crab meat
1 clove garlic finely chopped
300 g pasta of your choice
1 stalk spring onions finely chopped
1 stalk coriander chopped
6 baby tomatoes (or 1 big tomato)
1 tsp chillis
1 egg beaten
200 ml water
- Boil pasta till cooked, and afterwards boil crab meat in the same pasta water for a minute.
- Heat the pan with 2 tablespoons of oil, and fry crab paste with garlic till fragrant.
- Pour 100ml of water into the pan, together with the tomatoes. Cover and let it simmer over a low fire until it starts bubbling.
- Mix in the crab meat.
- Pour in the beaten egg, and with a pair of chopsticks or a fork, loosen the egg in the mixture. Slowly mix it around to get a soft consistency.
- Sprinkle all the chopped spring onions into the mixture.
- Mix in the pasta well.
Missing some ingredients?
Find your nearest Pandamart and get your ingredients delivered in 25 minutes at your door for cooking or enjoying your home made dish!